Friday 28 March 2014

Working lunch...

It's less than one week to go before we're going to be at the London Coffee Festival, and there is still LOTS to get done. 
(*The London Coffee Festival is on April 3rd to 6th, at the Old Truman Brewery on Brick Lane. Couva will be at stand SR40 - hope to see you there!)

After dropping of my little one at school, I quickly did my week's shopping, and picked up a loaf of fresh giraffe bread, some bistro salad full of lambs lettuce and beets, and one of those really yummy (and totally lazy!) ready-roasted chickens from the hot food counter. 

If I do say so myself, I have just made the yummiest, most delicious sandwich... The perfect thing to enjoy as I'm working through lunch. 
Photo: Couva Coffee Couture
I know a chicken sandwich doesn't sound like much, but to me, it's heaven! 

First, the bread has to be really fresh, and preferably white giraffe or tiger bread (I know, I know, it's not the healthiest option - but I like it, ok?!).
Next, I slather on some mayonnaise - the real stuff. None of this "diet" or "low fat" malarky. 
I then slice a few red tomatoes and lay them on the mayo. I then sprinkle quite generously with freshly ground black pepper. 
Then I add on some salad - not a few thin, wimpy leaves of iceberg. I'm talking a nice big handful of of interesting, flavourful greens - rocket, lambs lettuce, spinach, etc. The mix I buy has some grated raw beetroot in it which is just gorgeous - the earthiness of the beets really adds a level of flavour, and the crunchy texture is nice in contrast to the soft, squidgey bread. 
Next I gently pull apart some of the freshly roasted chicken and lay it on the salad leaves, and top it off with the next slice of bread. 
Voila! 

Personally, I don't think sandwiches are complete without some salt and vinegar crisps and some dill pickles on the side (Kettle Crisps Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar crisps and Waitrose Dill Pickles are my favourites!). 

The perfect lunch! Now back to work!


Couva Coffee Couture
www.couva.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment