Thursday 16 May 2013

A cure for what ails you!

After having escaped the bugs and viruses that have been floating around all winter long, I can feel a cold brewing - super sore throat, scratchy eyes, and a bit of a stuffy nose. 
                                                     

 With the sun shining (finally!), the last thing I want to do is come down with a cold. 



My best plan of attack is vitamin C, and lots of it. 
One day, while travelling by train from the Oxford Rail station, I came across a fantastically yummy super-C drink . Goodness2U is an independently-owned juice bar that makes the most yummy scrummy smoothies and fruit juices. (They also have porridge, granola, and other delicious snacks available.) 




I tried one of their hot super vitamin C juices - a blend of hot orange, pineapple, ginger and honey -exactly what I needed!

So this morning, when I woke up feeling less than sparky, I knew exactly what would help.
I don't have a juicer, so I made mine with a blender, and it was still delicious. 

Warm Orange, Pineapple, Ginger with Honey



3/4 cup of orange juice
1/2 cup of fresh pineapple, cut into pieces
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
1 tsp of honey




Place all of the ingredients into a blender (or using a blender wand) and whizz until smooth. Pour into a mug, and warm in the microwave until hot (about 2 minutes). You could also warm on the stove.

Enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment